Many people prefer to eat marijuana than smoke it. This is a great alternative. Food with marijuana in it will give you a great high. This produces the complete mental and body high.
Medical marijuana dispensaries sell a variety of different edibles and now there are even stores that sell only food with marijuana in it. I have seen and eaten incredible brownies from dispensaries and they are professionally packaged with clever names like "I Can't Believe It's Pot Butter." I have also had lemonade with marijuana in it, cleverly named "Lazy Lemonade," and it kicks in within about ten minutes, unlike brownies that take about an hour until you are completely high. Other foods include cakes, cookies, muffins, lollipops, tea, and the list goes on.
Brownies are my favorite edible, they are classic and always gets the job done. "Special Brownies" can be made with either cannabis oil or cannabis butter. To make the oil or butter is not that difficult and can be done simply in any house, with a few ingredients and kitchen supplies. I like to make the oil, but the butter works equally as well. Many people like to use good weed in brownies, but regs work just as well.
Simple Special Brownie Recipe
First...Making the weed oil or butter. I usually use a half ounce to an ounce of regs.
- Pour Cannola oil in pot (pick the size of the pot according to how much weed you are using). Use about a quarter of a cup more oil than the recipe calls for because some of the oil will be burned away.
- Turn the stove on medium (if your stove gets really hot then medium-low is a better temperature) and let the oil warm up a little. Do not let the oil boil.
- Take your marijuana, make sure it is ground up fine into tiny pieces, and put it in the pot with the oil.
- Keep it in the pot for about 45 minutes to an hour (if more than an ounce then keep it on longer accordingly). Stir every ten minutes so the weed does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Do not let the oil boil at all.
- Remember...slow and steady wins the race. You cannot rush this process.
- After about 45 minutes when the weed looses most of its color and about to turn black, then you can remove it from the stove and let it cool for a little while.
- Now you are going to strain the weed pieces from the oil. If you have a good size strainer, this can work but with a spoon press on the weed left in the strainer to squeeze out any remaining oil in the weed. For best results, pour as much of the oil into a bowl without the weed pieces, then put the remainder of the pieces in an old bandana and squeeze it until all of the remaining oil comes out of the bandana. Put aside.
- You will need two pots of different sizes. Pour some water in the larger pot and put the butter in the smaller pot. Now put the smaller pot inside and on top the larger pot, you are creating a double boiler (if you have double boiler than use set). You are ready to melt the butter now. A good proportion to go by is for 1 ounce of weed to 6-7 sticks of butter.
- Put the stove on medium-low to medium heat. Melt the butter in the double boiler. Do not let it boil, only a simmer is needed.
- Add your marijuana to the butter after it is ground up into tiny pieces.
- Simmer the mixture for about 25 minutes while stirring every few minutes.
- Don't forget...slow and steady wins the race.
- Remove from stove and let the butter cool down. Then strain out the butter into a bowl and make sure to squeeze all of the juice out of it. Now, let it cool to room temperature.
- Once the butter is room temperature put it in the fridge for a few hours to coagulate.
The next step is to buy your favorite instant brownie mix and follow the instructions on the back. Check if your brownie mix calls for oil or butter because its usually one or the other. Substitute your weed oil or butter for the the oil or butter the recipie calls for, and pour in all your oil or butter.
Just follow the back of your brownie box for the rest...bake...and ENJOY!